For this assignment, you will:
1) locate four scholarly articles from two different social science perspectives and one from a community resource or organization related to your topic. Note: all of your sources need to be used in your paper, so select accordingly;
2) prepare an annotated bibliography of your sources;
3) write a 5-6 page paper which:
- Introduces and defines your topic (your task is to educate others), ◦discusses its significance (how big of a problem is it? why does it matter?) and origins (what causes it (or the need for it, i.e., in the case of food justice or sovereignty?) or the problematic aspects of the topic we have discussed i.e., in the case of CalFresh/SNAP?)
- Offers two micro-level and two macro-level solutions or improvements
- Relates the topic to course materials, and ◦discusses how interdisciplinarity adds to your understanding.
For full assignment guidelines please refer to Dr. Weigt's prompt in Cougar Courses.