Plagiarism is the act of taking credit for work that is not your own and can have very serious consequences.
CSUSM's official Academic Honesty Policy outlines expectations for students.
- Scroll down to Part VI: Definitions for information related to citation and plagiarism.
Merriam Webster Definitions
- to use the words or ideas of another person as if they were your own words or ideas
- to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
- use (another's production) without crediting the source
- to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source